Leaders in Dementia Care Training
Be among the first to help raise the standard of dementia care in Northern Colorado.
Why should you do it?
- People living with dementia in Northern Colorado deserve the highest quality of care
- It’s free ($1,500 training value)
- You get marketing benefits
o Recognition as a Leader in Dementia Care through The Alzheimer’s Association AND
o Recognition as a dementia-friendly business
- Promotes higher-level of staff engagement and satisfaction
What are we doing?
Offering free training sessions four times a year, two hours each, to meet the eight-hour annual requirement. Each training date will have two sessions with identical content to accommodate your staff schedules.
- March 24th - 2 sessions: 9am – 11am OR 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- June 16th - 2 Sessions: 9am – 11am OR 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- September 15th - 2 sessions: 9am – 11am OR 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- December 8th - 2 sessions: 9am – 11am OR 12:30pm – 2:30pm
What we will do:
- Cover the 4 main topics needed
o Understanding Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
o Meaningful Interactions
o Reducing Agitation
What you will do:
- 75% of your staff must attend for 8 hours annually. If a Memory Care wants to be recognized, 90% of staff must attend.
o Keep track of your staff members who attend - sign in sheets for each date are attached
o Provide sign-in sheets to the Alzheimer’s Association along with your application
o Complete application once training is complete - Application attached
o Annual fee required: $375.00 – to be sent with application
2908 S Timberline Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80525
We hope you will join the Alzheimer's Association and Dementia-Friendly Communities in our effort to make outstanding dementia care in Northern Colorado a priority.
Katie and Cyndy
Katie Fahrenbruch, M.Ed.
Regional Director | Alzheimer's Association of Colorado |
415 Peterson St | Fort Collins CO 80524 | 970-472-9798 | Fax 970-493-1571 alz.org/co | HELPLINE 800.272.3900